This is a reminder of our meeting Monday April 28th at Signature Flight Support FBO; 7pm on the West side of New Century airport. The IXD tower chief, Paul Holland, will speak to us about air traffic control and the aerobatic operations in and around the New Century Airport. In conjunction with Paul’s presentation, we will have a chance to review the aerobatic box, waiver and flight procedures over the IXD airport.
Our first “Play Day” of the flying season was a great success with good weather, 6 airplanes and 10 pilots and a full day of flying. Our next “Play Day” will be the first Saturday in June; the 7th. We’ll plan a “High Noon” cookout at the airport. So invite family and friends and come with an appetite for food and flying.
Also on the agenda, finalizing our “Spring Fling” event to be held May 3rd; 4pm, at Roy & Jan Thornton’s home. Roy has a number of historic models and flying artifacts as well as pictures of historic aviation places and events that he’ll be showing. The gathering, which will be in lieu of the May “Play Day”, promises to be fun and educational as well. So put that on your calendar & plan to join us. The address: 12129 Jarboe St. Kansas City, Mo. I ask that each of you planning to attend the “Spring Fling” reply to this message so we can get an accurate count for food and refreshments. The google maps link to the Thorntons: www.google.com/maps/place/12129+Jarboe+Stemail@example.com,-94.606251,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x87c0e9d2806ccfc9:0x2c3914578cd0c268
The last agenda item will be to address preliminary organizational items for our contest in September.
Safe flying & See you all on the 28th.
The Collegiate Challenge set for 25-27 April at Seward Nebraska Airport has been cancelled.
Unfortunately, the late snows and cold in the upper Midwest have not allowed enough practice time for most to compete and airplanes are still hangared.
In its place, MAC80 will will host a Play Day/Judging Practice Day on Saturday 26 April starting at noon if the day is good to fly and will roll out the grill for hotdogs and more.
The Midwest Aerobatic Championships 5 category contest is still on for June 20 through 22.
For those interested in attending the Judges School in Lincoln, NE on April 12 and 13, please consider downloading the following documents.
- Introduction to Aerobatic Judging Handout (pdf)
- JUDGE LOG (pdf)
- Regional Judge Exam and Answer Sheet (pdf)
- LNK 2014 Judges School (.doc)
Lynn Bowes has indicated that attendees may use laptops iPads/tablets during the course, or may print off hard copies and bring them to class if preferred.
A limited number of copies of these handouts will be available for those who do not have the ability to download or bring a laptop.
IAC Chapter 119 in Wichita is hosting its annual fly-in lunch on April 19th at Stearman Field (1K1).
Free food and beverages to all that attend. The cooking will start just before noon, with some flying lunch.
Chime in if you plan on attending.
Hello everyone. Just a reminder about our IAC15 meeting coming up Monday the 24th of March; 7pm at Signature Flight Support FBO. There are several items on the agenda this month: Paul Holland, the IXD tower chief, will attend our meeting and give a presentation on ATC procedures, considerations and concerns associated with our aerobatic box over the airport; we’ll discuss preliminary organizational items with CD, Greg Shetterly concerning the Barnstormer contest in September and lastly discuss our first play day of the year planned for Saturday, April 5th. We plan to open the box over KIXD at 9am and invite flyers from surrounding chapters (ICT119 & LNK80) to join us. Along with the play day event on April 5th, we’d like to invite all our chapter members and friends (flyers & non-flyers) to join us at High Noon for a Lunch gathering at Austins Restruante in Gardner Ks. So put those dates on your calendars & see Monday
The Aviation Student Government at the University of Central Missouri, along with the airport manager at Skyhaven Airport (KRCM) will start hosting a weekly brunch in the airport terminal building.
Every Saturday morning from 9am to noon through the end of April, they will have a brunch with unlimited pancakes, sides and coffee for $5.
All of the proceeds will go into a scholarship for pilots in training at the University of Central Missouri.
For more information, call Rich Campbell at (636)544-6783 or call the terminal building at (660)543-4921.
See the attached brochure: KRCM Pancake Brunch (pdf)
Just a note to remind everyone of the KC IAC #15 meeting this next Monday, February 24th, 2014 at Signature Flight Support FBO on the West side of New Century Airport (KIXD) at 7pm.
To bring everyone up-to-date on chapter events and issues:
1. Our January 27th meeting was well attended. We addressed several major issues and nailed down some important dates for activities in the coming year. A couple of changes have been made: a) the chapter #15 monthly meeting will be held on the 4th Monday of each month at Signature Flight Support at IXD; b)The annual chapter dues have been increased to $30.
2. In addition to the chapter Christmas party held in December, the chapter will sponsor a “Spring Fling” gathering. Roy and Jan Thorton have kindly volunteered to host that event at their home. The tentative date is Saturday, May 3rd. More information on that event will follow.
3. The chapter discussed play days and hangar parties. Beginning in April we elected to open the aerobatic box and to host a play day at KIXD on the 1st Saturday of each month. An occasional hangar party will follow the flying activities. I’ll send out an RSVP prior to determine interest and participation. Again, those dates are flexible.
4. KC Chapter #15 will host the Harold Newman Barnstormer Contest on September 6th-7th with practice and registration days prior. Greg Shetterly has, once again volunteered to be the contest director. Again more information will follow.
5. The Lincoln Nebraska chapter and Lynn Bowes will be hosting a judges school April 12th-13th. John Morrissey will preside. We encourage each of you to consider attending that event.
That’s all for now. I look forward to seeing you at the meeting on Monday.
Hello everyone; just a reminder of the up-coming IAC15 meeting, Monday night, 27 January; 7:00pm @ IXD at the Signature FBO building, 2nd floor conference room. We’ll meet to set dates for the 2014 Barnstormer Contest, play days and other chapter events throughout the year. Hope to see you all Monday.
I hope everyone had a delightful and safe Christmas and New Year holiday.
I like to announce a couple of changes:
1. our chapter 15 meeting schedule will move to the 4th Monday of each month; 7 pm; 2nd floor conference room at the Signature FBO on the West side of New Century airport;
2. Chapter Dues will go to $30 and be due the 1st of the year.
I invite everyone to attend our first meeting on the 27th of January at 7pm. We will do some strategic planning to set dates and times for chapter events; contest & play-days and hangar parties throughout the year.
See you at the Meeting