Just a note to chapter 15 members and friends, our monthly meeting (and the last of 2014) will be held this coming Monday; 19:00hrs. at New Century Airport, Signature Flight Support FBO on the West side of the airport. We’ll do a little planning for the Christmas party next month on January 10th (formal invitation to be published next week); review the events that are planned for 2015 and partake of some hot chocolate, cider and Christmas cookies and cakes. Please plan to attend.
John Wittenborn, Chapter15 President
Hello Chapter 15 members. Just a note to bring all of you up to date with the happenings within our chapter.
1) The date for our Christmas party will be January 10th, 2015 and will be held at John and Beverly Wittenborn’s home in Olathe Ks. Time, address and directions will follow later. So put January 10th on your calendars and join us for some holiday cheer.
2) The chapter officers were elected at the November 24th meeting. They are: President, John Wittenborn; Vice-President, Rod Flinn; Secretary, David Maine; Treasurer, Lee Crites; Membership Chairman/Young Eagles advisor, John Ostmeyer.
3) Monthly meetings will once again be held on the 4th Monday of each month and play-days will be held the 1st Saturday of the month beginning in April. A Fly-Away breakfast or lunch may be substituted for one or two play-days.
4) Chapter #15 will host the 2015 Harold Neumann Aerobatic Contest on August 29th & 30th
5) Cahpter #15 will offer a seminar in Design and Flying the “Free Style” aerobatic program in February, 2015
6) Chapter #15 will host a 2-day Formation Flying Clinic in March of 2015. The clinic will be structured with ground and flight training on each of the 2 days.
Specific dates, locations and times for the above events will be announce at a later time.
So, another busy year with lots of activities in the works. Keep your oil warm and ear to the internet as we may activate the aerobatic box on a particularly pleasant flying day this Winter.
Our next and last chapter15 meeting of this year will be December 22nd. We’ll plan to have cakes and cookies and hot apple cider. So plan to join us for desert next month, December 22nd.
That’s all for now.
John Wittenborn, IAC15 President
Hello everyone. Just a short note to remind you all of our Chapter 15 meeting at 7pm at the New Century Airport; Signature FBO on the West side of the airport. We have several items on the agenda: 1) Due to busy schedules in December, our annual Christmas party will be held in January. Date, place and time will be announce soon. 2) Selection of Chapter 15 officers for 2015; 3) Recognition of our chapter pilots who participated in the National contest; plaques will be presented at the Christmas party in January.
See you all at the meeting Monday
John Wittenborn, President, IAC15.
Just a note to remind everyone of our meeting tonight at 7pm; New Century Airport, Signature Flight Support FBO.
Join us for desert and hot cider and coffee
John Wittenborn, IAC15 President
Hello everyone. Just a note to remind you of our Chapter #15 meeting October 27th, 2014; 7pm at Signature Flight Support, on the West side of the New Century Airport.
Several items are on the agenda. We’ll have an update on the exceptional performance of Chapter15 pilots at nationals which resulted in a unique award and first-time trophy for our chapter. We will discuss Playdays and fly-aways on the fall schedule; Our annual Christmas holiday gathering in December and get updates on members and their airplanes.
So, put October 27th on your calendar and plan to join us for desert of pie and brownies, hot cider and coffee.
See you Monday.
Hello everyone. Just a reminder of the IAC #15 meeting the 4th Monday, September 22nd; 7pm at Signature Flight Support FBO on the west side of the IXD airport. We will debrief the contest operation and settle the outstanding reimbursements for expenses incurred by members. So please Bring your receipts. I’ll try to get a tower representative to attend as well. As an additional agenda item, I’d like to entertain a fly-away breakfast idea (TOP or STJ or ???) for the 4th of October instead of the usual play-day.
Please plan to attend this coming Monday.
I am sad to report that our club member, John Ostmeyer, Jr. lost his father, John Sr., this weekend. John and his family invite all IAC members to gather with them for a celebration of life this Saturday, September 13th, from 2pm to 6pm, at the Marriott hotel at I-435 & Metcalf. Please join the Ostmeyers, if you are able, this Saturday.
John Wittenborn, IAC15
Hello everyone. We had a fairly successful day of registering for the Barnstormer contest. A couple of weather delays for practice in the box. I know the weather was a factor for some planning to make the trip to IXD. We will definitely accommodate late arrivals Saturday if you still care to make the trip. A light breakfast of fruit and cereal bars, juice and coffee will be available upon your arrival. Lunch and of course dinner will be served in the hangar as well. The flight operations will be staffed beginning at 7am on to meet your arrival regardless of when you can get here. So, weather permitting, plan to join us at IXD, chapter 15, for a couple of days of fun flying. The weather should be superb both days.
John Wittenborn, Chapter 15